The Office of the Associate Dean is responsible for handling issues concerning full-time faculty, specifically those transactions involving initial appointment, third-year reviews, promotion and tenure and retirement. The Office works in conjunction with the FAS, Office of Human Resources Administration to help both faculty and administrators manage and plan their academic life.
Primary functions that are coordinated through the Office of the Associate Dean include:
- Appointment of New Full-Time Faculty (Code 102)
Coordinate Appointment Process.
- Faculty Recruitment/Advertising/Affirmative Action Recruitment
Inform departments of policies and procedures for faculty recruitment.
Place advertisements for positions.
- Grievance Procedures
Serve as liaison between faculty, dean, and FAS Grievance Committee.
- Promotion and Tenure
Notification to departments of mandatory promotion and tenure cases
Coordinating promotion and tenure with the Department and Dean's office.
- Research Funds
Establish and renew faculty research funds
- Third Year Review/Goddard Fellowship
Notify departments of mandatory third-year reviews and eligibility for Goddard Leave.
- Faculty Housing
- Continuing Contract Faculty
- Joint/Associate/Affiliated Appointments
- Global Network Professor
- Retirement/Emeritus Status
- Tenure Clock Stoppage/Workload Relief